What Is It?
- Utah applied for and received services from the NASDSE Personnel Improvement Center (PIC) www.personnelcenter.org to assist the state in increasing the number of candidates in our special education preparation programs.
- Utah's focus for this effort is to bring working paraeducators into a preparation program leading to a special education teaching license.
Multiple Levels of Collaboration
PIC Process in Utah - Steps
- Utah selected for PIC services
- Utah State Leadership Team created
- State Leadership Team identified districts (LEAs) with high needs and partnering Institutes of Higher Education (IHEs)
- District LEAs, IHEs, and leadership teams held four face-to-face meetings
- LEA/IHE Personnel Partnership Plans written and revised as needed. See sample partnership plan: Granite School District/Utah State University/University of Utah
- Continuous follow-up and monitoring through e-mails, teleconferences, and webinars
Current District IHE Partnerships
How to Obtain Financial Aid:
Paying for school: Financial Opportunity Pathways (.pdf)
How to Get Into a University Program:
Marilyn Likins: email@example.com
Christine Timothy: firstname.lastname@example.org
Aileen Tace: email@example.com